Monday, July 22, 2019

Teen Looks Cheerleader Jazzie II


I’m very fond of my Cheerleader Jazzie. So far she’s made her appearance twice on my blog, each time presenting an assortment of contemporary Barbie fashions which, for her slender figure, she's able to wear. However, they don’t quite correspond to her style. So I made my mind to purchase a Jazzie fashion pack. Jazzie was never successful despite all the initial hustle, the playsets, the fashions, the commercials and such. So it’s really hard to find Jazzie stock outfits but luck struck! I found it and in an excellent condition too!


Before I begin to describe the outfit in detail, I thought I might mention Jazzie’s fashion packs as I’ve checked out them all. As far as Jazzie’s fashion style goes, Mattel decided to be consistent. They’d dress the doll all in neon colors with just a touch of black or white to maintain some balance. The only dolls that don’t follow that rule are the Jazzies that belong to Barbie’s beach series as well as the very avant-garde Teen Scene 1990 Jazzie. The doll’s dressed all in black with just a tiny bit of gold and pink here and there. Jazzie seems to be unable to decide what she likes better- comfortable, sporty leggings or lovely skirts. So she wears both. 

  the source: http://www.nrfbfashiondolls.com

Jazzie’s production began in the late 80s and that was the time when Mattel was full of ideas and the outfits consisted of many separate pieces to create several different looks. The Teen Scene Jazzie’s outfit could be worn in 15 different ways. The factory outfits and the additional fashion packs were consistent in terms of style and color and you could combine them so the playtime would last forever! Mattel released two waves of fashions for Jazzie, 6 sets each. The first series was called Totally Cool 1989 and it allowed you to create two different looks but there were no shoes included and as we know, Jazzie has some enormous feet so Barbie’s shoes don’t fit her. In 1990 Mattel corrected the mistake and so the Teen Scene fashion packs came with shoes and the sets could be combined in three different ways.
 
the source:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NIP-BARBIE-1989-TOTALLY-COOL-FASHIONS-JAZZIE-3781-3787-NEW-Mattel-/172062490316

the source: http://www.nrfbfashiondolls.com

 the source: http://www.nrfbfashiondolls.com

  the source: https://www.ebay.com/p/Teen-Scene-Jazzie-Barbie-Fashion-3774-Vintage-Clothing-1989/523017618

So finally, here’s our Jazzie almost complete, she’s missing only her single pompom. By the way, have you ever seen a cheerleader with only one pompom? Anyway, Jazzie’s outfit comes in three pieces. There’s a short blue top with a decal in perfect condition. The top closes with a metal snap. There’s a pink, neon skirt that can go from short to a little longer. And finally, we have the short leggings with … suspenders. I’ve never seen anything quite like it, but I like it! The three separate pieces allow you to create at least three styles, though there may be more variations.






The package that I purchased included also Jazzie’s stock shoes and I’m very glad it did because I have my mind set on the Swim Suit Jazzie who unfortunately is barefoot, so the shoes will wait for her arrival. That may not be soon as the doll is too expensive and appears but rarely on eBay. To be perfectly honest, each time I browse for Jazzie I see the same dolls that seem to fail to find homes. Anyway, I’m very happy to own at least one Jazzie in her complete, well nearly complete outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment