Sunday, June 9, 2019

World Doll Day


Yesterday many collectors celebrated World Doll Day and I had every intention to do so as well but my Saturdays are very busy and my duties couldn’t be postponed or we would starve on Sunday. I only managed to take photos while sipping my morning coffee hoping I’d write the post and publish it before the day ended but alas, it did not happen. So this post is written in haste and shamefully late but it did take me back to the past when I liked nothing better than to play with Barbie dolls with my cousins. I’m sure many of you have the same memories. 



For today’s celebratory post I chose Skipper and Courtney as a representation of my childhood memories. Both girls brought their own Barbie dolls. The tiny dolls and all the other props belong to my daughter. The dolls are the Surprise Eggs toys and they fall apart in your hands but they served their purpose. Today I’ll just keep quiet and let the dolls do the talking.
 



Barbie dolls even have their own Dreamhouse!




Sunday lunch calls to the kitchen, so Skipper and Courtney are back on their stands and in the cabinet. My batteries are loaded with lots and lots of positive energy - it's good such a day exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment