Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Happy Holidays Barbie 1991


On Christmas Eve you can hardly spare time for dolls, so I prepared this post a couple of days ago. I think Happy Holidays Barbie 1991 is just perfect for this special occasion. She’s green like a Christmas Tree and so festive. She also brings back some cherished memories. As a little girl I hoped to find a Barbie doll under my Christmas Tree. After all, back then Barbie was very expensive, a luxury really, and I couldn’t have hoped to get her on any lesser occasion. Now it’s different, but my Barbie is still the same.


I purchased HH 91 about two months ago from a very nice collector who kept her in a box. The box was damaged so she was finally released and sold to me in a perfect condition as well as complete. I find that amongst the first 10 editions of the Happy Holidays series, she’s a little less ornate or extravagant but there’s much elegance about her too. She’s not covered in glitter, lace and shiny fabrics but her dress is very graceful and regal. It’s made of some very soft velvet and her bodice and her puffy sleeves are adorned with sequins and beads. A large bow and a purse complete the look. She’s wearing the classic, red Barbie pumps and some impressive jewelry too.







Her outfit is excellent, but what I like most about the doll is her face. It’s a masterpiece! Her large, round eyes are full of expression. Her face paint is all about green, her eyeshadow is green, even her mascara is green. Her lips are full and deep red, you can see the 90s are in a full swing here. Her kanekalon curs are almost completely white. It looks as if her designers were inspired by the image of an evergreen covered with snow.




I’m slowly but systematically building my Happy Holidays Barbie collection. I’m planning to purchase the first 10 dolls and I’ve got 5 so far, so there’s still a lot of hunting for me.





I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a lot of dolls under your Christmas Tree.




2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and one of my favorite HH dolls because she is less frufruuy (ornate) than the others and her dress is GREEN! I love green holiday dresses...Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, there are very few green dresses on the HH series, mostly those would come in red.

      Delete