Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Crystal Barbie 1983 Philippines and Fancy Frills z 1991 #2977


Once I came across a picture on the Internet. The picture showed 6 Crystal Barbie dolls in a neat row. I thought to myself that they all looked impressive and beautiful but their number was just beyond me. I couldn’t understand why on Earth anyone would collect so many copies of the same doll while there were so many others, beautiful, unique. Well, back then I kept my dolls in my closet, there were about 10 of them and my wish list was 10 miles long. Now I own 2 Magic Moves Barbies , 2 Peaches, my second Crystal Barbie’s just arrived and it’s still not enough. Now I understand the unknown owner of 6 Crystal  Barbies and his motive.


While I was looking for my Crystal Barbie made in the Philippines (I already own the Taiwan one) I helped myself with her numerous pictures online. I had the impression that each of them was different and I don’t mean the rare dolls like Congost/Spain, Rotoplast/Venezuela, Aurimat/Miexico or the lovely heather-eyed Argentinian by Top Toys. It was actually difficult to find 2 identical Taiwan or Phillipine Crystal Barbie dolls but they were each of them gorgeous. You buy one, then another and before you know it, you own an army of Crystal Barbies and you still want more. Insane!



It would seem my new Philippine Crystal is missing something. Well, she does have some defects like a her lipstick or the smudged eyelash. I don’t mind those – you see the lipstick imperfection when you look for it, and the eyelash is the evidence of a human, not a machine behind the doll. My new Crystal has the loveliest, softest expression and I adore her. But the thing she’s missing is the hair. Crystal Barbie dolls differ not only in term of their face paint but also the hairstyle. The Crystal Barbie I long for has a flurry of tight locks gathered on the side of her head and asymmetrical part line. She looks very elegant. Now that’s not so much a matter of styling as it is of the rooting. Both my Taiwan and Philippine Crystals have a substantial bald spot behind the ponytail so the styling options are limited. Interestingly enough, the new arrival’s signature spells Taiwan on her back and Philippine(s) on the inner rim of her head. So I have one Philippine Crystal with a Taiwan body and one Taiwan doll with a Chinese body. Curious.




Well, I seem to be notorious for breaking my own rules but there’s one that I obey – I may have doubles or triples of the same doll but they’re not exactly identical and they wear different clothes. I robbed my new arrival from her lovely dress and gave her some lingerie - Fancy Frills z 1991 #2977. Although I prefer the early releases from 1986, I really like this white set. It allows two different looks as it consists of a lace body suit, a pair of stockings, a towel wrap and silky panties. The set also includes a scented box that was also secured with a plastic bag. The subtle perfume scent still lingers, amazing. The Fancy Frills set was also available in a different packaging and without stockings. My Crystal Barbies present the two looks.






Now I had some different plans for this post. Initially a lovely Diva was supposed to be the star of it, she’s been waiting since November. Hopefully, she’ll appear in the very next post and until that time, there’s some more pictures of Crystal Barbie.










2 comments:

  1. Such pretty dolls. I can see why you want to own more than one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Crystal Barbie is so lovely, I like all her versions!

      Delete