Thursday, March 19, 2020

Teen Looks Swim Suit Jazzie 1988

My previous post on Day to Night Barbie was extremely long even for my standards, so today I’m keeping it short. Today’s doll has had to wait for her own post since November, but the autumn / winter weather didn’t suit her. We’ve had some sun recently, it’s nice and warm outside but the Government warns against going out so I had to change my initial plans for an outdoor photo shoot. Meet the Teen Looks Swim Suit Jazzie 1988. I’ve already mentioned the Teen Looks Jazzie series in the post on my Cheerleader. I’m still missing the Workout to complete the line.


By a rule, I don’t collect beach dolls, but every rule needs exceptions and my Jazzie qualifies as one. Swim Suit isn’t an obvious beach doll, her outfit looks more like some skimpy disco get-up than a bikini, all she’s missing are the shoes. Lucky I already got a spare pair. One of the features of the Teen Looks Jazzie series is that the outfits should allow 3 different looks. Love the neon colors.





Jazzie doesn’t come with much, she hasn’t got shoes for one thing, but Mattel made up for it with the jewelry/ hair accessories. There’s also a comb that was originally made for Spectra.




Swim Suit is in my opinion the prettiest Jazzie ever made. I had my eye on her for quite some time but she’s normally rather pricy given eBay shipping costs and the customs. But luck struck and I got her without going bankrupt. She’s also a little harder to get than the other Jazzie dolls because she’s unique and generally desired by collectors. She’s the only Jazzie with brown eyes. She looks very fresh and natural without the unnecessary make-up.




I was wrong thinking she had saran hair. It’s kanekalon, but good quality, soft, long and pretty. Her fringe is just crazy – she would make a good addition to the Wet’n Wild series – why three rows of rooting just for bangs! It defies gravity.




A collector’s taste shifts and now that I have my three favorite Jazzie dolls, all natural, almost make-up free I want a Glitter Beach and Sun Sensation – for their face colors. They look more mature, a bit like the Heart Family Mom on Vacation but they’re so pretty I’d even forgive them for not having shoes. Besides, one of the dolls that I crave for with the violent passion of a collector’s heart is the Sun Sensation Barbie the Malaysian version that I used to own when I was little. Wouldn’t they look great together? And yes, I don’t collect beach dolls.







2 comments:

  1. She is really cute. I had one over 20 years ago but let her go when I was downsizing my collection for a move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad I was able to get her, she's my favorite Jazzie doll :)

      Delete