Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Fashion Avenue Lingerie


I’ve gone nuts with Barbie lingerie of late, but is it my fault that great deals just poped up one after another? And could I just let them pass? I couldn’t, or I’d certainly regret that. On one of the facebook groups I belong to, one person announced he’d be selling a large collection of Fashion Avenue sets and at a very good price. I would’ve taken them all, but I’ve got to eat. So here are two that I purchased.


The first set is the Fashion Avenue Lingerie #14292 from 1996 and it’s brand new. The lovely box was designed to look like a shop window and it consisted of two sets of clothes. Peaches’n Cream is wearing a lavender nightdress trimmed with black lace. The nightdress has a slit at the bottom on one side and it looks very much “grown-up” and authentic.






Magic Moves is presenting a blush pink bra and panties also with identical trimming as the nightdress. It was such a struggle to put the panties on but Barbie needed some exercise anyway. Her mechanism is a little faulty and if I don’t switch it on and off and put her arms up and down every once in a while, it just refuses to work. So she made some ominous noises and … she’s fine again. And you would have thought that you ought to go gentle with such an old doll.




Mattel would add some accessories to their lingerie sets like a brush, a comb and a pair of shoes. This one contains some black simple pumps but they seem too heavy for the pastels so the models are wearing some shoes from my other fashion packs. I have no idea where the lavender heels came from, but they’re so lovely with the pearly finish. The set also came with a catalogue.




The set below came second-handed but still in a pretty good condition. The Fashion Avenue Lingerie #14290 from 1995 consisted of a body suit, a pair of stockings, a purse, a comb and a pair of open-toe heels. Mine is incomplete, but the most important parts are still there, though the stockings have some tiny holes. The set was very inexpensive and I’d wanted to have it for a long time, so I’m very happy with it.





Of course I had to put out my girls for a group photo but I forgot I also had the other elements of the white Fancy Frills as well as some Steffi Love underwear, but oh well. I love Fashion Avenue, I feel they’re really good quality compared to what we get nowadays. There’s still one set that I’d love to have and that is Fashion Avenue Lingerie #18093 from 1997 but it’s pretty expensive so unless I come across some really good deal, I’ll have to do without it. It’s pretty though, don’t you think?

The source: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/barbie-fashion-avenue-lingerie-peach-501523956





6 comments:

  1. Most of the Fashion Avenue outfits were pretty extraordinary, compared to the clothes that we get today. I would have grabbed some up too! You have a lovely group now. I only have one outfit from the series; it's a mint green nightdress with a pink rose, a sheer mint negligee, and matching mint mules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know the one you metnioned, it's very pretty and I'd love to have it as well. I also love the entire Fancy Frills series, they're excellent!

      Delete
  2. Lots of detail in all three outfits, very pretty:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's not the tacky, thin fabric with printed on details and only on the front. That's what we're getting from Mattel nowadays :(

      Delete
  3. I miss the Fashion Avenue era. I wish we got something similar today, not just in quality but the concept. I have the same night gown that Barb described in her comment, as well as a pink robe that came with a pink towell that had a golden "B" embroidered.

    Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I miss it too :( There were so many amazing outfits in that line. I've got about 6 of them and I'd love to get more. I think I've seen the pink robe with a towel though there were several if I', not mistaken. Now that you brought this to my mind, I realized I actually have no robe for my dolls that need spa and I've planned to write a post on restoring Barbie. I think I'll have to get one :)

      Delete