Friday, April 26, 2019

Barbie 2-pack fashion 2016-2018


Recently, I've managed to purchase one of my wish list dolls – Jazzie. To be perfectly honest with you I didn’t even care which Jazzie in particular that was, I love the mold, I love them all. Jazzie came with her shoes and a replacement dress that seems too sweet for her. Luckily she’s not as well-endowed as Barbie in the chest department so most of the contemporary Barbie outfits fit her and that’s fortunate because the 80s Jazzie-dedicated outfits that circulate on eBay are too expensive for my budgetary means (add the outrageous International Shipping costs and customs to Poland – yuck!). So Jazzie girl will be presenting some fashion packs today. Joining her is a special guest – JCPenney Enchanted Evening Barbie – one of my top favorite 90s Barbie dolls.  


Some time ago I got these amazing 2-packs. Jazzie’s trying on #FBB79 that hit the market somewhe in 2017-ish and you might have seen some parts of the set on my blog already. This school look seems appropriate for Jazzie. The set consists of a dress, a top, some pants, a pair of shoes, a headband and a backpack. In the photo below, Jazzie’s wearing a cute little pleated dress (only the front part of course) with a collar and some horse or ponies print. The backpack is made of some elastic plastic or hard rubber and it opens, but there’s little room for storage, the pieces connecting two parts of the backpack take up most of it. Still I appreciate the details.

 the source: https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us





Here’s the other look. There’s a pair of pink and red checked pants that are a pain to put on, but once this ordeal’s over, the pants look very nice. The pants are paired with a simple cotton floss pink top with silicone straps. Finally, there’s a jacket that’s made of an unknown  material that I’m afraid will flake off in a couple of years, but so far it’s fine. Apart from the pink backpack, the set also included some accessories like the white weird boots that obviously don’t fit Jazzie and a gold headband. My daughter especially likes the headband and plays with it all the time so the paint already flaked off as you can see.





I love the second 2-pack. It’s # FKT29 that was released last year and it comes with a simple dress, a “school uniform sweater”, a loose fitting top, a skirt, a headband and basket. No shoes! My skinny Jazzie had no problem to close the Velcro on the dress – I didn’t even attempt to put it on Barbie. The dress is simple and lovely, I love the combination of yellow and purple and the flower pattern goes all around and that’s something when you consider Barbie standards nowadays! Now flowers are not to Jazzie’s taste so she covered them with the pink sweater with some purple stripes around elbows and an unknown Barbie academy crest. The set also includes a dark purple basket that looks very much the 80s to me.

 the source: https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ba/barbie-fashions-2-pack-fkt29





And here’s the other look that the set provides. The top and the skirt are a little too loose for Jazzie, but they’re perfect for Barbie. Now isn’t she lovely! The v-neck top has a very simple design to balance the spring craziness going on the skirt. The tiny red, white and blue flowers are just cute against dark purple. The colors match Barbie’s eyes so well and looking at her I can’t understand why this doll is so underappreciated – she’s just so pretty! Is there anyone else who likes this doll just like I do? Because she’s worth it I guarantee you. I fell under her spell with a single photo of the doll on some auction that disappeared before I made up my mind … so probably she has some other fan after all.





The accessories that Barbie’s wearing belong to the set #DHC53 released in 2016, I think. Around that year Mattel had a great idea to release some accessory packs and these were awesome! They usually consisted of two pairs of shoes – heels and flats, a handbag or two, some jewelry, hair accessories or sunglasses. The only flaw was the flats wouldn’t fit event the contemporary flat-feet Barbie dolls. I loved them all despite that minor imperfection, but sadly they came and went and there were no re-releases, not to my knowledge at least (I hope I’m wrong though). Anyway, this set comes with some knee-high flat sandals that are useless for both of my models, the fabulous looking lavender platforms that fit Barbie perfectly, a matching basket, a mint-colored bangle, a silver necklace and a pair of glasses. Below you’ll find a photo of some other sets, oh how I’d love to get my hands on them, especially the pink one with the black cat purse!

 the source: https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ba/doll-clothes-closets/barbie-accessory-pack-golden-glam-dhc53

 the source: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/barbie-fashion-accessory-pack-case/mtcfx30a







That’s all for today, but Jazzie will show you some more fashions soon, because I feel I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment