Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Ken Doll Fashion Pack #N8329 R4269 2009



I would’ve posted this entry much sooner, but I’ve been struggling with technology. One day I dressed Ken in a completely new outfit that I found unexpectedly. Ken was clearly pleased, It happens but rarely that clothing supply reaches him so he didn’t even object to a partially nude session and he presented his masculine torso proudly. Unfortunately, my camera that I usually switch to “default settings” to save myself much confusion, was set on “low resolution” or something like that and the pictures are completely useless. It seems there’s no reason for despair. I could take some new pictures and I did, but I couldn’t photograph the unopened set anew! Oh well, I can always steal the pictures I need… just kidding.

 
There’s a lovely little toy store in my vicinity that I’ve recently discovered to be very well supplied. I stumbled there in search of birthday party balloons and a glitter Play Doh. I found no glitter Play Doh but my legs, as if on their own will, brought me to the Barbie section and, to my astonishment, I found some Barbie fashion packs. This doesn’t happen often and it’s hard to find fashions even in some large stores, but this one had quite a nice selection and the last in the row was a Ken set from 2009! It’s astonishing that the set had been waiting for me, to all likelihood, for 9 years. Well, I didn’t buy it on the spot as my dolly budget was already painfully stretched that month but I returned the next day, just to make sure if there really was no glitter Play Doh or if the store didn’t replenish their stock. I left the store with Ken clothes.

N8329 R4269
                                             source: https://pl.pinterest.com/frdfver/0201d-20062010-ken-fashions

 
I'm happy to observe that in recent years Ken's been getting more attention, and clothes for that matter.  There's been so many fashion products for him and the below ones are particularly to my taste. I doubt my hunks would fit them, still I'm thinking about purchasing at least one of these just to check them out, quality-wise. And should they be too slim for my muscular squad, Jazzie will be glad to take them. This would irrevocably turn her into a tomboy for which she clearly has an inclination already.

source:https://www.ebay.com/p/2018-Barbie-Fashionistas-3-Ken-Doll-Complete-LOOK-Fashion-Pack-Mattel-Red-Plaid/14010987818
                 source: https://www.amazon.es/Original-fkt47-Juego-vestidos-cuadros-guantes/dp/B07BKBDB3G


               source: https://picclick.com/Barbie-KEN-2018-Fashion-Pack-Bomber-Jacket-Shorts-273874414723.html


                                                 source: https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ba/ken-male-dolls


The set #N8329 consists of a polo shirt with some tiny button details. The shirt is unbuttoned of course so that Ken can show off his torso. The shirt is made of some nice quality cotton and it’s red and purple, and that is my favorite color combination. The pants are genuine denim and they come with a red belt with a large buckle, so hip back in 2009! The belt is attached to the pants, fortunately, so I won’t lose it. The set also includes some shoes and these must be color coordinated with the rest of the outfit so they’re red, no-lace sneakers. My favorite part of the entire set are the glasses, or should I say goggles because they’re enormous and so ridiculous they border on the impossible! But that’s what I like about them.






So here we are again, back to square one. Me, struggling with the camera making sure that this time I get the settings right and Ken impatient to show his muscles again. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment