Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Teen Fun Cheerleader Skipper 1987


I had some dolly plans for March and they concerned my Skipper collection which I wanted to expand. The doll I had in mind was the lovely Phone Fun Courntey on the Pizza Party headmold but plans change and I ended up purchasing the Teen Fun Cheerleader Skipper 1987 that had been on my wish list anyway.


I like the early big-eyed Skippers because they’re so unique -  they each have a different eye and hair color. I also have the Party Skipper in my collection that I got a long time ago. The Cheerleader is pretty unusual, in fact I don’t recall any other Skipper on the 1987 headmold that had brown eyes or hair like this. Unfortunately, the hair is made of kanekalon and wouldn’t cooperate. The hairbands are too chunky too but I’ll get her something better once the pandemic is over. Hopefully, it will not be long.





Skipper’s outfit had seen better days, but it’s pretty much complete. There’s a pair of leggings and a body suit as well as a two-layer skirt and a pair of pink tennis shoes. The accessories include two pompons and a … megaphone? The name of this device escapes me. Now as far as the outfit is concerned, it allows several styles, but my Cheerleader has a defect that is pretty much common for the entire Teen Fun series or should I say, all the 1987 Skipper editions– she has spots on her legs and it’s best not to uncover them.







I thought I might take all my Skipper dolls out for a photo shoot but yesterday was very cold and it was even snowing heavily for good 10 minutes. The snow was soon gone but the temperature outside encourages you to stay home anyway so I just grabbed my two cheerleaders – Skipper and Jazzie for a nice comparison as well as my two brown-eyed girls. I like Skipper and Jazzie together. Jazzie looks like a very protective big sister to Skipper. They’re so cute.




2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen this Skipper, she is really cute. I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the very first big-eyed Skippers and I love the entire 1987 series :)

      Delete