Thursday, March 14, 2019

2-pack fashion set #B0155 A8EDE 2016



As a child I dreamt about a large amount of spare fashions for my four Barbie dolls. Barbie clothes didn’t come easily back then and I think I only had 2 or 3 sets plus some fakes. Back in those days you had to be creative and make your own fashions. I’ve never had a talent for that kind of creativity so I was never satisfied with the end result. But now, it’s easier to make some of my past dreams come true. Whenever I can, I try to grow my Barbie wardrobe, but I purchase mostly contemporary fashions hoping they would fit my busty beauties. These tend to be a much more gentle alternative for my wallet than the superstar era outfits I crave for. Somehow, whenever I’m Barbie shopping I end up purchasing a fully attired doll rather than just an outfit for her that is usually as expensive as the doll herself. Anyway, today’s deceitful winter sun has exercised all its power of persuasion on me and my longing for spring and I almost took two of my dolls for an open-air photo shoot but then I turned back, because any outdoor activity would require a good pair of gloves. The piercing cold wind mercilessly drives away any warmth that the sun might provide, so I opted for an indoor session and my pretty models are Peaches and Crystal. The fashion pack they’re presenting is #B0155 A8EDE from 2016.


I really like the 2-packs from 2016-2017 not only for the well designed and made outfits that consisted of at least 3 pieces but also the accessories that are always welcome. The fashion packs would usually include a purse, a pair of shoes and a pair of glasses or some jewelry. #B0155 A8EDE belongs to the line that came in only one size. Then in 2017 Mattel came up with a collection of fashions that would match the fashionista types of bodies and so the outfits were available in four sizes. The sets would include shoes in two sizes, and the shoes were also available in packs of 5 pairs for curvy/tall and petite/regular. Unfortunately, the concept was very short lived, because only a year later, the one size outfits were reintroduced.

 

My set consists of a shirt, a pair of leggings, a dress, a belt, a purse and a pair of shoes. The shirt imitates denim in a very convincing way. It has a collar and the elbow-length sleeves. There are even some details to give the impression the shirt has some pockets. There is a row of tiny buttons that are ether glued or punched to the shirt that closes with Velcro in the front. The leggings are very colorful and resemble the Benetton style. They’re made of a stretchy fabric and have an elastic in the waist part. The dress is very pretty. It’s a kind of sleeveless turtleneck type of dress and it’s got some frilly bottom. The fabric is printed so as to resemble a loosely woven knit dress. The shirt is a perfect fit, the leggings are pretty loose in the waist but that’s covered by the shirt and the dress fits nicely for this kind of design.





I’m very happy with the accessories. I like the turquoise purse on a long strap. The mold is very accurate and realistic looking. The wide belt with a large buckle closes at the back with a peg and a hole and it’s supposed to sit loosely on the hips rather than emphasize the contours of the doll’s figure. Of course, my favorite accessory is the pair of shoes. These come in a very pleasant shade of beige. I also like their design - they’re ankle high, thick heel kind of shoes and they fit TnT though the slit in the back is stretched, but I’m far from being whimsical when Mattel exercises generosity giving shoes away!






It was fun to dress the two 80s classics in contemporary fashions and they seem to look pretty and gracefully in anything you put on them. I was surprised with Peaches’ articulation abilities, her knees bend to three positions as I’m sure Crystal’s would too but she’s a hybrid on a late 80s body with round toes. I have several 2-pack fashion sets and I’ll be presenting them pretty soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment