Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Curls, curls and more curls



My latest doll arrived a couple of days ago and I’d planned to present her in today’s entry, but I’m still hoping the weather may be great this weekend so that I could take her for an outdoor photoshoot. She arrived with some doll stands that had been awaited with anticipation and they immediately found their owners. I’m happy to say I’m just one doll stand short counting the two dolls that are currently on their way. I promised myself that I would regularly replenish them and I hope I can keep that promise. In the meantime, Hollywood Hair and Shoppin’ Fun got their doll stands but they didn’t look presentable so I had to curl their hair first. I got some plastic straws and here’s the result of my toil!


Shoppin' Fun Barbie's hair is made of saran and it curled beautifully forming a golden cascade as I’d planned but something went quite wrong with Hollywood. If you remember Hollywood arrived in a great need of rescuing and much as I tried, I couldn’t salvage anything of her previous hair so I rerooted her with nylon. Nylon fibers are very responsive to curling and they hold the style until you grow tired of it and you decide to change it. They need just a bit of boiling water to be straight again so there’s no trace of any previous styling. I forgot to take that into account and I curled it a little too tight. Having removed the straws, the hair looked as if I glued perfectly round circles of hair to her head. The circles resisted gravity and stayed where they were instead of falling gently to Hollywood’s shoulders. I’ve already boiled the water when I thought I might as well try to tame the fierce curls with a hairband and the result was quit a neat bun!






Now a hairdo like this deserved some special outfit and I was watching Dynasty season eight in the background so I dressed Hollywood in my favorite dress she’d borrowed from Midge. There, doesn’t she look like Alexis, only blonde? The problem is, with this ginormous bun she doesn’t fit in my cabinet unless I flatten it miserably so that it resembles a bird’s nest. I almost went to fetch our fluffy yellow chick that serves as our Easter basket decoration to place it amongst Hollywood’s curls. I’m sure the chick would feel very comfy there, but I resisted the temptation. After all, Hollywood is a diva and not one to be ridiculed! So I just dressed her back in her temporary dress as Midge was impatient to get her Dynasty gown back and I placed the doll on my chest of drawers next to the cabinet. I need to look for some new outfit for her, something glamorous and spectacular.






Now, this was supposed to be a short entry with just a couple of pictures, but I’d taken so many of them that I found it hard to limit the amount to 20 so here’s some more of them. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment