Thursday, March 21, 2019

Dream Date PJ 1982


I thought that the arrival of a Grail doll I’d longed for so much would inspire me to write a neat little post, but no. Here I am sitting and staring at the doll and my head fills with nothing but emptiness. Words have failed me at the beauty of my Dream Date PJ 1982 so let’s start again, shall we? I’d been on the lookout for PJ for many, many months with persistence and regularity and intensifying my efforts at the most crucial period of every month – somewhere around my payday. Nothing. I would listlessly type the doll’s name in all possible configurations only to see the same auctions way beyond my financial means and may I say it – the boundaries of my conscience. Until one day a reader of my Polish blog sent me a message saying that PJ was currently for sale if I was still interested. I sure was, but the doll was out for bidding – no chance there. I played the most despicable trick that I won’t relate, but in the end the doll was all mine! I was extatic!


I’ve already described the Dream Date series in here (as if that was necessary). But just for the pure pleasure of admiring the dolls, here are some promo pictures of the trio. I just love these, the dolls are beautifully displayed and in the background you can see New York buildings and the WTC towers amongst them. It really does make you feel the passing time, but the dolls are still gorgeous. You can also see PJ’s stock outfit which is the spectacular gown identical to Barbie’s but for the color and I’ve got to say that I like the blue one better. Normally, I’m prepared to wait for a doll and to get her in her own clothes, as complete as possible. Somehow I feel that a doll and her outfit are one and I like it to stay this way, but PJ is special. The doll is out for sale so rarely and usually at an exorbitant price so one shouldn’t be whimsical and fussy and just grab her asap before somebody else does. Perhaps one day I’ll get her dress, but for the time being I’m more than satisfied with how she is.

the source:http://picssr.com/photos/barbiecreations/interesting/page5?nsid=26360140@N06



the source: http://zozu.site/hashtag/barbiedreamdate


the source: https://somethingabouttheboy.com/superstar/1983-2/
 



My PJ arrived dressed in a very simple blue dress which I had a feeling I’d seen somewhere before. I even managed to identify it. It belongs to Chic Barbie 1996. PJ’s package contained also some extras – some hangers, two pairs of shoes, a red lingerie set and a muff for my Evening Majesty that came from the same seller and she remembered me. She found the muff and included it in the package, which was really nice of her. Now I really liked the red negligee so I put it on my PJ. I didn’t find any tags so I’m not sure if it’s by Mattel, but it’s quite neat – both the negligee and the peignoir are deep red and trimmed with white lace. Very alluring. Interestingly enough, there’s an almost identical set by Mattel - Fashion Fun #7903 from 1984 and it’s white, but that one does have tags so probably mine is just a nicely made copy.


the source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35261276@N02/11285281133
 

the source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35261276@N02/11285281133



My PJ was very much loved by her previous owner, which is consistent for all the dolls I’ve purchased from the lady. PJ was clean and in excellent condition so all my beauty treatments came down to washing and conditioning her hair and recreating the part line because her hair was brushed back. The doll’s hair is this magnificent, two toned saran, ash blonde I guess. Her facepaint is very simple and breathtaking! Her eyes are deep blue and so is the minimal eyeshadow. There’s just a whisper of blush on her cheeks and her lips are peachy. I find it hard to describe just how perfect this doll is and no pictures do her justice. No wonder she’s so popular amongst collectors worldwide ready to battle for her until they drop dead. I’m no different. Oh and there’s one thing, a little detail – she normally comes with a pair of earrings and a ring, the ones with rhinestones set in clear plastic, but PJ lost her jewelry and her previous owner gave her some simple clear plastic earrings. I vaguely remember seeing these a long, long time ago …




I’m just so thrilled I finally got her! So far I’ve managed to collect four Steffie faced dolls – the Nurse Whitney, Sweet Roses PJ and the Standard E/C Barbie, but although I adore all of them, there’s no question as to who is the real queen amongst them.










No comments:

Post a Comment